Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a web server administered by a website hosting company. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's examine these. In that way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you wish to have a web page, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various companies, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inappropriate interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different webspace hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share an immense number of pictures with comrades or colleagues since the service is commonly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mails. Some distributors provide web page hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and a few hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to keep as many videos as you want without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to own a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Free Hostia, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for particular content solely.